Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve Fun followed by an Early Christmas Morning

Good morning and Merry Christmas from the Miller family!

As you may, or may not know, we are spending Christmas in Atlanta this year. Yesterday was the first day everyone was here. I asked Nathan how he would describe Mac with all the attention she has been getting and he answered with "off the hook." She seems to thrive off all the chaos and will do anything to get a laugh. We went to the Christmas Eve church service and left Mackenzie in childcare. She was fine when I left, but in absolute tears when I got there. I could hear her crying as I walked up to the door. I imagine she became upset when she stopped playing, looked around the room and realized she didn't know anyone. Poor thing, I need to leave her daycare more often.

Couch surfing with Uncle Andy!

After church we came home and geared up for a night of games. Boys vs. Girl and let me tell you, this never ends well. The game was a name game and difficult to explain, so I will spare you the details. The girls never seem to win and I would give anything to beat my husband, just once. He's so obnoxious about winning. The girls lost, twice. Maybe next time?

Typical Miller behavior.

Carrie and Mandy

Dinner took an extra 2 hours to cook, so we ended up eating around 9:30. My husband tried and tried to get Carrie or Andy to eat this lovely piece of chicken skin. And in case you're wondering, yes, I am married to a 10 year old.


We also celebrated Mandy's birthday, she turned the big 2-5!

Mackenzie must have been excited about Santa coming because she woke up at 5:30! I put her in bed with us and she proceeded to roll around for a good hour, but then decided it would be more fun to actually go downstairs to play.

She was back in bed by 9:00 for a morning nap.

Merry Christmas everyone!


5 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Merry Christmas! It sounds like it was a good one! Cant wait to see pics of your new home and hopefully visit sometime! I think that would be a lot of fun!
Miss you!

RangersGirl said...

The first picture just screams Christmas Excitement! Hope you all had a wonderful time. Looks like you did. Safe trips for everyone!

mamabent said...

I'm so jealous of all your great pictures! They always look so professional-Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Have a Happy New Year!

Jillian said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! excited to hear all about your new house and see some more great pictures.