November 18th, 2006, Nathan and I were married
November 18th, 2007, Nathan and I celebrated our anniversary and decided he would apply for Officer Candidate School.
Today, I am celebrating alone with a glass of wine and the flowers my hubby sent.
I am actually okay with the situation, I need to get my feet wet as a military wife and it almost feels like a right of passage. The military has completely changed my perspective on relationships. I can't get hung up on things like a missed anniversary or missed birthday. What's the point? I value the time we do get to spend together, the moments between a father and daughter, the moments that make us a family.
I have selected a few of my favorite pictures from our wedding day.
On a separate note, I checked my hotmail account today and found a newsletter from milblogging.com. I actually found several of them, but was drawn to one in particular. There is a military family in need of prayer and support. While serving in Afghanistan, Captain Rob Yllescas was severely injured by an IED. This family is in the beginning stages of a very long journey. His wife has started a blog to keep family and friends updated. Take a look if you have a chance. http://yllescasfamily.blogspot.com
7 comments:
Happy Anniversary!
Great pictures!
You are an amazing wife!
that last picture of you is awesome. What a beautiful wedding.
J is often gone on anniversary or valentines day, etc. It has never bothered me. When he is home we have lots of fun no matter what day it is. Many times we have even forgotten our anniversary! We like to try and remember it but the wedding day is not the most important thing for us, it is our relationship and we can celebrate that whenever.
I am sure though that you miss him very much. Hang in there and do something extra special for yourself. A glass of wine is a good start.;)
Hi! Just caught up on the past few posts since being on vacation. Happy Anniversary!! It was a great trip down memory lane with your wedding pictures, you guys had such a fun and beautiful wedding. I can't believe it's been two years, it's amazing how much has changed since then.
That's great you have the beach nearby, an added perk when other things about your new location get you down. I know the base and the people will grow on you before you know it and you won't even remember what it was like to live somewhere else. Call if you ever want to talk or vent or whatever while you're settling in, hopefully you have a land line! And at least you get to see Nathan next week for Thanksgiving, that will be a nice break in the time he is away.
Mackenzie is still the cutest thing I have ever seen! And I am so proud of you for how strong and composed you are with everything going on in your life!
Happy Anniversary!!! Troy's leaving me next week to move back to Seattle. I'm okay for right now, but I'm not sure how I'm going to react once that day comes. How do you do it?
The fist pump picture is classic. I don't remember seeing that one.
i love those pics! and happy late anniversary :) sometimes absence really does make the heart grow fonder and all squishy and lovey dovey like :) but i know it must be very hard also. i admire you perserverence and positive attitude! if there was ever any couple that can weather the hard times it is you and nathan...i've been knowing that since third grade! :) hee hee!
how did you get your template like that? i have been looking at how to do it forever and can't figure out HOW you did it :) please share!
Happy Anniversary, belated!
Your wedding photographer was great! I would like to learn/practice some more creative techniques but so often everything is a rush. I'll post some photos from my friend's wedding as soon as I get them all edited.
BTW, my military wife friends have all experienced the missed birthdays and anniversaries and births of babies by their spouses - -guess that is how it goes. Thanks for enduring that.
Post a Comment