I spoke with DH last weekend and I can't describe how good it felt to hear his voice. He seems to be doing well and described this experience as the hardest thing he has ever done. I am so proud of him and the dedication he has to serve. I decided that this experience is also the hardest thing I have ever done. I welcome the challenge as it reminds me I am alive. I am finding strength and confidence I didn't know existed.
People at work are beginning to hear about the decision we made and I am getting comments like "that is so sad" or "I could never be alone with a small baby." Before DH even left, one guy told me, "that is a terrible decision, he doesn't want to do that." I've learned a lot about people that I thought I knew pretty well. Guess I can't be right all the time, despite trying. My response to these individuals have been, "No, it's not sad, it is the right decision for our family, but I'm glad to see you support our troops" and "Well, I hope your husband never leaves you and the kids then" and to the fellow offering up his two cents, "You have obviously never met my husband (and he hasn't) because anyone who really knows him would agree that this is his calling, thanks for the support." I am not asking anyone to understand our decision, but I am asking that you respect it. A huge thanks to everyone that has had kind, supportive words, it means more than you will ever know.
Onto the wild child.....MC is changing so much right now. She if finally feeling better and showing off her new skills such as screaming mama/dada, rocking out in her exersaucer (thanks to Aunt Jilly and Uncle Teague), eating rice cereal and pulling off her socks and sucking on them until they are soaked. This child has so much energy, I don't know how I am going to keep up with her. Here are a few recent pics of the babe. Here is the link to OCS, you can find recent photos of DH's platoon, he is with Company C. http://www.ocs.usmc.mil/

This was taken right before DH left, they kind of sleep the same, right?
11 comments:
Great pictures, she looks so much like Nathan! I just showed my whole family and they said the same thing. What a cutie.
Glad you were able to talk to Nathan, I can't even imagine what that would be like to not hear his voice for an entire week. It's hard enough not seeing him. I'm proud of you guys, and just think how much you will appreciate being around each other once you are together again. Unfortunately, unless people know you both really well, or have family and friends in the military, they will never understand. I'll never understand why people feel it's their place to tell you what they think like that. Clearly you have already made a decision and you did not ask for their opinion. Try not to take it to heart.
Love you guys!
i am so glad you have this bolg to share Kel! And even happier to hear that you got to talk to nathan! It is good to know you are realizing how strong you really are... All of us, though, already knew:)
We all love you Kel!
Jac
That last picture is a classic. I have one of Maizie and Joe sleeping in similar positions too. One of my favorites!
I am so sorry you have to put up with so many stupid comments. I know how draining that can be!
I bet you guys miss one another so much. When Joe travels I feel quite lost some days. I always feel like I am forgetting something or have a bizarre homesick feeling. Then, it dawns on me...Joe is gone and I miss him..it will be okay. Maybe your blog can educate people. I know I am learning from it and so appreciate it.
Hang in there and lots of hugs. I swear, your baby is gorgeous. I just want to squeeze her!
She's the spitting image of Nathan... I'm sorry! haha. I'm so just joking!!! She's so beautiful and growing up SO fast. I hope I get to meet the little one soon. As for the comments about Nathan... what you guys decide was your own decision. Nathan is Nathan and its what he can do for all of us. I couldn't even imagine how hard it is for you and him but you guys are two amazing people and if anyone can do it, its you two :)
I love you guys!
Thanks for the kind words! You are all too sweet:)
those pics are adorable! i'm glad you are not letting people's "advice" make you doubt what you know is right for your family. i remember when people would say stuff like that to me when I went to nursing school and we moved in with tim's parents. i wanted to scream. if anything, though, i guess it makes you more determined to really show 'em :)
i can't imagine not seeing your man! you are a very strong woman! you can do it! you've already made it past a month! whoo hoo! mack is too freak'n cute! keep posting the pics! will you mail me any extras you have? also, can nathan get pics in the mail?
Yes, Nathan can get pictures in the mail....I have some more pictures to post...hopefully sometime this week.
Hi, Kelly! This is Cristy, the welllnes director from Central. I was just thinking about you, Nate and Mac and popped by the site to check on you. The new pics you posted are so adorable! Mac definitely has a lot of her daddy in her! :)
Also, I just wanted to let you know that I think you are so amazing for supporting Nathan in this move. That shows such strength and love. He is lucky to have you!
Thanks for stopping by Cristy! It's good to hear from you. How are you doing? I can't remember your due date, but I imagine it is soon. Please keep me updated, I would love to see pictures:)
Mac definitely looks like Nathan, especially some of the expressions she makes. Thank you for the supportive words. Talk to you soon.
Kelly
Kelly, hurry up and post those pics! I always check the blog in hopes of catching a glimpse at all those babies you girls have (sons, daughters, nieces and nephews). Troy keeps saying my maternal clock is ticking and its freaking him out a little. I guess I shouldn't watch Jon and Kate plus 8 in front of him anymore. haha.
But anyways, I'm WAITING!! :)
Just give me a call, i get it :) Despite what you read or what people say, it is an adventure.
A quote just popped in my head i think it applies!
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. Helen Keller
well yours (ours) will be and is a daring adventure!
just let me know if you need anything! Really! Even if anything comes up in VA, I am really will not that far away :)
Post a Comment