I talked with Mackenzie's teachers about the right time to transition her to the new room and explained my concerns. Nathan deploys the end of September and I didn't want her to feel like all the people she knows and loves are leaving her. Dad leaves me (for a REALLY long time) to go to work, mom leaves me to go to work and now all new teachers? I started to question my decision to return to work.
Work....that's what didn't feel right. I never really wanted to be a stay at home mom. I worked after having Mackenzie, I worked after staying home with Mac when we first moved here, why wouldn't I work after having Piper? This was different, I can't explain how strongly I felt about staying home. The intensity almost surprised me. After discussing it with my husband, we decided this is where I should be. At home, with the girls.
I handed in my letter of resignation last week and I would like to say it was emotional, but it wasn't. I walked out of the building with a new sense of freedom. It felt like I finally did something for myself. I want to thank our families for their support during this decision making process. And I especially want to thank my husband for listening, understanding and encouraging me to take this step.
**I have NO problem with moms that choose to work. I was and will be again a working mom. I don't think daycare is evil or a bad thing, I'm really going to miss Mackenzie's daycare. This decision reflects where our family is at the moment.
3 comments:
That is SO great! I am very happy for your family. If you want to get together once Nathan leaves, just let me know! I still can;t believe I have not met Piper. Ohh yes.... there are LOTS of things to do base that are free and VERY fun! You just have to look for them! You should also look into setting up weekly "coffees" with the others that are in the same situation. My friend starting doing it here, and now has a big group. They have it once a week at someones house, moms talk, kids play. Every mom takes a turn hosting. Can;t wait to see you!
I love the idea of "coffees"! That is something that you get so used to spending money on and you get so addicted to it, when really having a great cup of coffee at home or with friends is just as enjoyable, if not better.
I am so happy for you all that this worked out and you were able to make it work to stay home for awhile. The monetary sacrifices will definitely be worth it and it's a time with the girls that you'll treasure forever!
PS - Thanks for the note at the end :)
I think all of us can take a lesson from you and Nathan. You two certainly have this whole "Communication" thing down and seem to really work at this life as a team and really hear what each other says and how each other feels. I applaud you for really figuring out what you needed/wanted to do and then doing it. So often we know what is best for our situation but we dont follow thru with it because of fear, or something silly. I miss you. and am thinking of you. And for fun craft ideas dont forget to check for ideas with our Craft Queen, Brienne Blake.
Post a Comment