Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Let's try this again...

I've been a serious slacker in terms of blogging. When I find myself in that rare moment with both girls asleep at the same time, I usually have a million other things to do before someone wakes up and it starts all over again. Despite the craziness going on I want to make a better effort to document the Miller happenings. Nathan deploys late September and I'm sure we'll have a lot of stories to share (good and bad).

So what have we been up to? Oh, you know, a little of this and a little of that. Here's a recap....

*We've spent the past month in Fort Wayne with my parents and have enjoyed having extra help with the girls.

*Piper is now nine weeks old and full of smiles. She shows no signs of sleeping through the night and continues to wake every three hours. Piper continues to go with the flow and seems pretty laid back when compared to her high strung sister.

*Potty training...I could seriously write a book on those adventures. Just the other morning at the lake I looked out the front window to see Mac take off her clothes and pee. She was rather proud of herself that she didn't go in her undies. Really? When asked if she needs to try and use the restroom I usually hear NO THANKS! We'll get there....hopefully before she enters college.

*Mackenzie has been saying and doing the funniest stuff. I love this age (most days). She is still so innocent and excited about everything. Mac walked out of the bathroom the other day wearing my glasses and asked if she looked precious...ha! She is also full of drama and wants things her way. We've been working on using our nice voice.

*Mac made her flower girl debut in her Uncle Andy and Aunt Carrie's wedding. Round two takes place this weekend at her Cousin Krista's wedding.

Strawberry picking in Indiana. I'm not sure why she has that look on her face. It was probably a dramatic moment where she was gently holding out her baby strawberry for the picture.
Love these two girls.
Family photo from Andy and Carrie's wedding.
Piper- about 7 weeks old

2 comments:

Jacque Thompson said...

Can you tell I check everyday? Loved the recap! So sad we didnt get to connect on your trip to the Fort! Both of your babes are DOLLS! So cute! Miss you!

Jillian said...

So many parts of this post made me laugh out loud. I love your girls, they have such spunk and personality already. I cannot believe Mac peed in the yard!

Have so much fun with Nathan this weekend, so excited you guys finally get to see each other. Good luck on the travels back south.