It took about 20 minutes to get to the hospital, we didn't talk much on the way there other than a simple prayer. Once we checked in and were sent up to Labor and Delivery I found out I was 8 cm dilated. When the nurse told me this news, I wanted to cry because I realized my chance of getting that epidural was slim to none. Fortunately, my contractions were so intense that I couldn't dwell on this minor detail for long. However, I vaguely recall telling the doctor that I could hold the baby in and wait for the drugs. I also tried negotiating with the nurse for her to just leave me alone. Really? What was I thinking?
Monday, April 26, 2010
Piper Michelle Miller
It took about 20 minutes to get to the hospital, we didn't talk much on the way there other than a simple prayer. Once we checked in and were sent up to Labor and Delivery I found out I was 8 cm dilated. When the nurse told me this news, I wanted to cry because I realized my chance of getting that epidural was slim to none. Fortunately, my contractions were so intense that I couldn't dwell on this minor detail for long. However, I vaguely recall telling the doctor that I could hold the baby in and wait for the drugs. I also tried negotiating with the nurse for her to just leave me alone. Really? What was I thinking?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WOwzers!!! No epidural! Way to go! I am so happy for you and Nathan, and big sis! Piper is adorable!
I hope to meet her soon!
Love you and miss you both!
Beautiful pictures, beautiful familiy, I am so happy that Nathan was there. Let me know if you need anything, after your mom and Nathan leaves....or even before:)
I still can't believe how quickly it all happened! I'm so glad Nathan was there for you, that everything worked out in the end despite your bribing of the nurses, and that Piper seems to be a low maintenance baby. I can't wait to meet her! She is adorable in your mom's FB pictures.
i can't wait to meet her! you have such a cute family! two daughters! ;) that's so awesome! love you all!
What is it with second babies? Bri came too quickly for an epidural too. After having one with Ayden, it was torture not to have it. She was also an 8 lb. baby. Wow. Congrats and she is beautiful.
Post a Comment