Before I had Mac, and even during my pregnancy, I vowed to myself that I wasn't going to turn into that mom that went out in public looking like she just weathered a tornado. I remember telling Nathan, "I don't understand these women, having a kid doesn't mean you can't put on a matching outfit and still get your hair cut every now and then." Little did I know that having a baby/toddler changes EVERYTHING! It's not that I'm just now realizing this, but as Mackenzie enters the next phase of her life, she is getting to be a sneaky little thing. I certainly don't have time to try on 3 different outfits before leaving the house, nor do I have the time to make sure the back of my hair is straightened just right. And makeup, well, that's for special occasions now.
Last week I had the chance to go to the mall without Mackenzie, and I practically ran out of the house, excited to be alone for a couple hours. It was great, I walked around, enjoyed the holiday decorations, took my time trying on clothes. Not until I was getting ready to leave did I realize that I had macaroni and cheese stuck to the front of my sweatshirt. WHAT?? Had I walked around the entire mall wearing mac n' cheese noodles? Yep, I sure did.
Have I turned into THAT mom?
Oh well, if I'm going to be THAT mom, looks like Nathan can be THAT dad!
9 comments:
I know the feeling. The worst is when you have something stuck to your hair or a sticker on your butt.;)
That is so messed up...just for the record that is my father-in-laws jacket...hahaaa...it's on now babe.
haha! Are you sure that's Randy's? I swear Nathan had a jacket just like that in high school!!
:)
Nate. Damn, you look good in that jacket can I pick up one or is that an Air wing thing?
you know what i say... embrace being that mom! Just please, at least remember to wear a bra when you leave the house. Thats a must around here. But hey all good moms go around with something stuck to them most of the time. Its club rules. : )
great post!
lol is all I can say! to the mac n cheese and to nathan and that HOT pic! I really like the pose the most!
Hilarious! It looks like a picture from 8th grade, he hasn't changed a bit. Funny that I totally recognized that jacket, I think it looks better on your dad.
I'm sure nobody even noticed the Mac & Cheese :)
You know what toally stinks is men can wake-up, not shower, throw jeans and a t-shirt on, run their fingers through their hair and be out the door in five minutes and all is good. We have to spend two hours prepping before we can even leave the house.
On the bright side, at least the mac and cheese was on your sweatshirt on the front and not on your behind.
Post a Comment