Monday, November 17, 2008
A New Look
I've spent the past hour trying to update the look of our blog, it takes me a while to make decisions. It's not completely how I want it, but I have a feeling Mac will be waking up from her nap soon so I'm going to stop while I am ahead.
We dropped Nathan and his friend off at the airport this morning. It wasn't as emotional as I thought it would be since we're going to see each other in a few weeks for Thanksgiving. It seemed like every time I was about to cry Mackenzie was running away from us, climbing on something, yelling at the giant stuffed bear, or just being silly. Gotta love that girl. When Nathan entered the security line I told Mackenzie to wave good-bye to dad and she looked up at the 10 foot bear standing to the left of us and started to wave at it. Oh well, I tried.
One of Mackenzie's new tricks is going completely limp when she doesn't want to do something I want her to do. I noticed her doing this a few other times before today, but was hoping it was just a fluke....I was wrong. Give this girl a wide open space, like an airport, and she's off to explore. Whenever I tried to gently guide her back to our seats she would fall to the ground like a wet noodle. Thankfully she wasn't kicking and screaming, I'm sure she's saving that for later when we're in a really crowded mall.
The pictures were taken yesterday at the beach near our house. Cappy is a pretty lazy dog and will sleep about 95% of the day, but something gets into her at the beach and she's ready to play. She even wandered into the water a few times, tried to take a drink, and realized it was salty.
Labels:
family,
good-byes,
parenting,
seperation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I am really loving the new look to your blog! I am always thinking about tweaking mine but I have a few readers who don't like it when I change it so I try to change it slowly. ;)
I imagine that was pretty tough when Nathan left. J is gone an awful lot but not compared to N. It is difficult.
I remember Alex and Maizie doing the going limp move. It can be hell. Once Alex did that to me when I went to visit them and I was carrying her to the car while melissa was in the video store. I could feel her sliding out of my arms and when she went all stiff she was impossible to hold. She dropped head first down into the back seat of the car, right out of my hands. Wow. Was she ever mad! I don't know if Mel realized what happened. Kids!
The good thing is...it won't last. Before you know it she will be on to something else.;)
i like the new layout. I am jealous of your beach. You get to see him in two weeks, and then does he go back after turkey day? And if so for how long?
miss you
New look is great. I was wondering when you would use your favorite color-green.
I want to be at the beach, too.
Mackenzie will grow to love the beach just like her mommy. (looks like Cappy loves the beach also) My question is how much sand goes home with you all?
Love and miss you all!
i love the wet limp noodle trick those tricky babes like to play! alex still pulls that one every now and then. they are proud moments, aren't they? and it's even better when according to my mom--i was an absolute angel (as were my sisters) we apparently never threw even one tantrum?! what? is that possible? what is wrong with our generation then!! ha! love the pics and the new layout! i need to get to work on mine! you've motivated me! maybe i'll slot some time to do it tomorrow...or at least by next week! hee hee!
I also like the look of your blog. I tried to change mine and lost almost all my links I had set up (luckily many I had favorited so I can find them again (like your blog)) and I haven't had time to fix things - - so I'm sticking to boring black background.
Looks like you had a beautiful day at the beach! Guess Cappy the dog is a beach dog. All of your photos are fabulous!
Post a Comment