
Fact-I am a teacher.
Fact-I wear jeans to work on Friday and find this rather exciting.
I learned early on in our marriage that Nathan truly believes teachers walk around school on Friday giving each other high fives and saying things like, "Hey girl! TGIF!" I find this absolutely hilarious because it couldn't be further from the truth. He has never actually come out and said it, but I imagine he pictures the teachers to look like the lovely ladies in the above picture. Obviously all teachers wear mom jeans.

Another school related item, I returned from Spring Break to find that one of my first grade girls shaved off her eyebrows! Apparently her brothers were making fun of her for having a unibrow. She meant to only shave the middle portion, but ended up taking both of them off. She had a new haircut a few days later that included bangs. Well, in true teacher form, TGIF!
6 comments:
I am laughing outloud...
And should 7 year olds be playing with razors. I mean if we can't run with scissors, we definilty shouldnt be playing with razors. just a concern. Good thing bangs are sooooo "in" right now.
Oh my! That picture of the mom jeans is hilarious! I sure hope I don't look like that!
The eyebrow shave is too funny. That poor little kid.
Hilarious! I love that skit with the mom jeans. I can't believe she has no eyebrows! I'm assuming they were pretty dark and big eyebrows too if she had a unibrow, so that must have been a drastic change to go to no eyebrows at all.
I love the mom jean picture! In life before kids I taught elementary special ed and wore jeans on friday too. There was one teacher there, who was my mothers age and God bless her heart she wore the mommiest jeans I've EVER seen. I dont know how she sat or bent over in those things!
as for the eye brow shave. yikes. thats all i can say.
oh and enjoy moving to Quantico for the summer. I grew up not too far from that area in MD and there is SO much to do. not to mention Quantico is a great base, I'm drawn to it like a magnet. Maybe I'll bump into you in the exchange one day and we'll both recognize each other from our childrens pics and our mom jeans!
But Kelly, you DO wear mom jeans! ha! j.k. that picture is hilarious!
Jenny- I do not wear mom jeans.....just pleated khakis.
Jac-I also wondered why she had access to a razor, maybe her brothers provided it.
Trying-I never thought about having to move around in the mom jeans, that could make for a very long Friday. Hopefully we do run into each other!
Post a Comment