Friday, October 29, 2010

Things I Want to Remember


Last night we were driving home from dinner with friends and there was a slow county song on the radio. Mac got really quiet and I could tell she was thinking about something profound. Here is how the conversation went down...


"Mom, I miss my daddy."

"I know, I miss him too. Daddy thinks about you all the time. "

"Mom, is daddy on a big boat?"

"Yes, he had to go away and help people, remember?"

"Mom, he is always in my heart."

"That's right."

"Mom, I'm a baby deer."


I guess she had too much dad talk at that point. She also informed me that her dad is like a pirate since he lives on a boat.

4 comments:

ToniJean said...

She is to cute...and smart :) Thanks for sharing.

Jillian said...

Just when I started tearing up, the story takes a twist and I am laughing out loud. Mackenzie is a hoot, and so sweet. Thanks for sharing this story!

Mandy said...

i'm with juana... literally had tears in my eyes and then busted out laughing!!! love it

Melissa Jo said...

ditto to the other comments! she is SOOO smart and sweet!