The past two months have been a whirlwind. I could tell you about Hurricane Earl that almost happened the week Nathan left. Or I could tell you about the beach vacation we had originally planned to take during block leave and how my mom and Aunt came down to make sure that beachfront room didn't go to waste. I could tell you that I was moved to tears when we returned home from our beach getaway to see a package from my long time friend, Jillian, with books inside for Mackenzie that touched on military related topics. I could tell you how my super busy and 21 weeks pregnant, sister-in-law flew down and literally played with Mackenzie for three days straight. And then there's the recent trip to Atlanta where we were welcomed by my in-laws. I could tell you how Piper was the most perfect baby during our 10 hour drive home or how we got locked out of the car less than an hour away from the driveway. I could tell you how Mackenzie has struggled with her dad's absence and how Piper reminds me of him on a daily basis. I could tell you how proud I am of my husband that chooses to serve his country.
From here on this will serve as my journal. I can't promise there will always be something interesting to read, but it will be here nonetheless. Thank you to those that have reached out to us during this time, it means the world to our family.
5 comments:
i'm crying. You, my friend, are amazing, as is your husband and family! You and Nathan are the true definition of givers, and you ask for nothing in return. In fact, you instead continue to be thankful and grateful for all the people who love you. You make my everyday little struggles seem silly and petty and put the true meaning of life and purpose in perspective. As much as it seems that the support system in your life is there for you, I dont think you and Nathan know how much your everyday actions are improving the lives of everyone who knows you. I am glad you are making your journal public.
You are loved.
jacque
what a great post. I enjoy reading what you write. I know I am moving away, but please know we will have TONS in common. Plus you are the ONLY reserve wife I know :) Here's to sticking together no matter how many states away. I mean we are a rare breed, Marine corp wives & sped teachers!!! :)
Thank you for posting this, it's great to hear an update and to know you and the girls are being taken care of by so many people. I know we all wish that we could do more for you and am glad that everything we are doing helps even if just a little bit. I agree with Jacque and am always amazed at how strong and positive you are, you're a great example to Piper and Mackenzie and to all of us.
Hi Kelly!!
I am so glad Jason got your blog link from Nathan. I just spent the past hour looking through everything. You have been and are in my prayers each day, as well as Nathan and the girls. The girls are beautiful, and you are a wonderful writer...some very powerful posts. Please let us know if you need anything at all! I am so excited to follow now. We hope to catch up with you all soon.
Love,
Liz, Jason and Lexi
tears...and xoxox
Post a Comment