Saturday, February 7, 2009

Story Time Dropout

My girl, Mac, is a mover and a shaker. Not much will keep her down, other than a DVD by the name of Happy Feet (which I have seen 4519 times). I am aware of this, so why did I think something as simple as story time at the library would be a good idea? We arrived a little early so she could run around and get that out of her system. She was doing the usual, climbing stairs, dancing, laughing, looking cute and devilish all at the same time. The mother sitting next to me smiled and asked, "Is she always like this?"

Why yes, my daughter is a ball of energy that keeps me going at all times. I looked at her daughter that was a little older than Mac and she was sitting next to her mom. I could have been jealous of that mom and her docile little girl, but as I looked over to see Mackenzie scaling the steps and then celebrating with a little jig, I couldn't help but laugh and feel my heart fill with love.

Story time started with a little song and Mac enjoyed this part as she continued to sing out "yea, yea, YEA!" for a good 30 seconds after the song was over. This made me a little nervous, as I wanted to be respectful of the other parents and children. I guess Mackenzie didn't realize that she was only part of the pre-game show. The woman started reading a story, that was completely inappropriate for this age group, and Mackenzie wanted nothing to do with it. Fortunately, I had my mother-in-law with me so she helped with a swift exit. Good times with the Miller family!

As for the job situation, I received a call on Friday from the school and was asked to come in Monday morning for a second interview with the OT and SLP that I would be working with. Not sure what to think of this......

4 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Second interview? Nice! You don't have to think anything of it, do you?

RangersGirl said...

Sounds like they liked you and want the people that would actually be working with you to meet you. If the chemistry is good, I'm thinking you are going to have an offer.

One of my friends has been going through a job hunt, not for teaching, but it took a good two weeks after her interview before they called her back to make her an offer.

Jillian said...

That's great news!! It will be great for all of you to meet and get to know eachother and see if it's a good fit. I bet this will give you a much better idea if it's the right job and the right time for you or not. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. What a lively little girl you have! If it makes you feel any better, story time is a challenge for us, too!!!