Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mama got a job and Dad came home for a visit!


So, I realized that I never posted an update on the job situation. After meeting with the Occupational Therapist (OT) and Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) I was offered the job! I start March 2nd and can only describe this as bittersweet. It's great that I am going back to work, but not so great that I'm leaving my babe. Today was tear filled, for both of us, as I dropped her off at daycare for a couple of hours. I almost didn't know what to do with myself as I walked around Target all alone. Mackenzie and I have been together all day, everyday, for the past 9 months. I don't think I can talk about this anymore....still too emotional.
Nathan was able to come home for the long weekend and it was FABULOUS. I love these two people more than anything. Thanks for making the trip.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with this new phase in your life! Best wishes! :)
Julie

Jillian said...

I got emotional just reading this post! It will get easier, day by day. And if by some off chance it doesn't, you can reconsider down the road. I'm glad you are giving it a shot so that you know if it is for you or not, otherwise you'll keep thinking/wishing you were working wondering what it was like. If you do it and hate it and decide to stop in the near term, you will at least know.

I already said this on facebook, but I love these pictures! So glad Nathan as able to come home.

RangersGirl said...

Congratulations on the job! I second your friend Julie.

Kelly said...

Thanks guys!

Jillian said...

Where are you friend? We need an update! Hope all is well. Love you guys.

Jacquelyn said...

Amen to what Jill said....