Home, it was just what I needed.
I've been in a bit of a slump here in stay-at-home-mom/military wifeville. The newness of this town is gone, Nathan has been working (really) long hours and I know we'll be making another move within the next few months. No one said this lifestyle was going to be easy and I'm quickly learning why the divorce rate is so high in the military. I'm kidding, I'm kidding, at least about us. The divorce rate in the military is quite high, there is no way a weak marriage could survive something like this. I've learned to cherish the time we do get to spend together as a family. We try not to be lazy on the weekends, which is why we decided to pack up and head home for Labor Day. I love being at home, everything seems so much better. We were able to see family and friends and celebrate Mackenzie's first birthday. Mackenzie had a great time climbing up the stairs at Grandma and Grandpa LaVine's house, chasing the cat, and running around on the golf course. She also loved the extra attention from family members. I left Ft. Wayne feeling refreshed and energized, I'm hoping it lasts for more than a couple days.
I love this picture

Lakeside

Mackenzie wasn't into having her picture taken, she wanted to run around
and play in the water







5 comments:
Great pictures! And great seeing you and your family!
what awesome pics! you all look great! it made me miss you all soooo much!
happy birithday little mack~! she will have a little surprise from auntie mel when she gets here. tim said, "how long are they staying? make sure it is a long time...and maybe i will hold that girl [mackenzie] alot while they are here." ha!
I can only imagine how hard this is for you and your family. Moving a lot is so much work! Esepcially with a little one. I am so glad your marriage is strong and you are working hard to be supportive of Nathan. Take care of yourself too and try to get some fun time in whenever you can. I love the pictures of you and your family. Beautiful!
What great pictures!
You are right, the military life is a tough one - - all the moving and the deployments. The first year of my marriage, my X-husband was in Korea on an unaccompanied tour. The moving and such honestly was never a problem for me - - it was the other women. Interestingly, I moved more as a single non-military dependant than I did as a military dependant.
Pensacola is nice, according to my friends who have been stationed there, I've never been - - want to go and visit the Naval Aviation Museum.
Oh - - that photo of you guys walking Mackenzie up the stairs is frame worthy - - love it too!
You always write so beautifully from your heart. The weekend was great. I treasure and thank God for the time that we can share together. I love my girls!
Post a Comment