Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's Moving Day......And When It Rains, It Pours!

Yep, it's moving day. The movers will be arriving at the storage unit around 9:30, I'm not sure how that is going to play out since most of our stuff is already in boxes. It will be up to me to decide which items will be going to the apartment and which will be going to the new storage unit. I'm a little nervous about this, I don't make decisions under pressure very well. And since Nathan is out in the field all day, I have no one to call to help in this decision making....yikes!

Yesterday was a VERY, VERY trying day. In a matter of 90 minutes I received the following news....

*There is a good chance that Nathan will not be able to fly back to FW so that we could drive out together. That means Mackenzie, Cappy and myself in the car for 10-12 hours! Who's jealous? I don't have enough arms to keep track of everything. I am slightly encouraged by my accomplishment of making the trip (alone) a few months back. The only difference is now I will have the dog, this could go either way.
**We were told a few weeks back by TMO that we would need to install shipping bolts into our front-loading washer. Apparently, the bolts prevent the drum from shifting out of place. This would have been very helpful information to have, oh I don't know, before we already moved the washer out of the house. My brother attempted to install the bolts, they wouldn't go in, the drum has already been thrown off. I called HH Gregg and the guy told me that once the drum is out of place, it means we will be purchasing a new unit. SWEET!!! How come there isn't a BIG YELLOW sticker on the back of the washer saying, DO NOT MOVE WITHOUT INSTALLING SHIPPING BOLTS!
***Lastly, as I was on the phone telling Nathan about the washer I had another call from our property manager. I've come to learn that when I get a call from her, I am usually about to spend a large amount of money. Our renters had sent her an email complaining about water in the basement after a big storm that came through a week ago. Now the house smells moldy and they want to know what to do. (Background info, these renters annoy me. They are young, never lived on their own before and call the property manager over EVERYTHING. One time it cost me $50 to have the repair guy install a lightbulb. Where has common sense gone?) Marla, I am sorry if I was every this annoying when I rented your house! Long story short, the property manager will go over and check things out. I am waiting for the next phone call......

7 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Today is the day? When will you know if nathan can come back to fw to drive with you? Or is it for sure that he cant?! I am thinking of you!

mamabent said...

eew, sucks! Good luck to you guys. p.s. MC is by far the cutest

Kelly said...

Carly!!! I'm so glad you stopped by, thanks for the comment. Isn't it exciting to hear from people? Try and stay cool out there in the heat!

RangersGirl said...

That stinks about the drive - - I've done the DC to Toledo drive SOOOO many times! Its gotten old. Could a friend or family member do it with you?

I'm sure you did fine with the movers. Hang in there! I'll pray that you all have a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you were the BEST renter in the world! We worried about you and that was about it. Just wanted you to be safe. SO, we were happy when Nathan moved in.

We have had some renters from hell before...(Not you Melissa;) A lightbulb? Ugh. I feel for you.

I made a few trips to and from NJ on my own with M and the dogs. Whew. It was tiring! I feel for you. Try and look at it as an adventure.

Hugs.

Jillian said...

Wow, what a nightmare! I hope he was able to come home to ride with you. Please keep us all posted. We'll be praying that it all goes well for you.

Melissa Jo said...

what an ordeal! looking forward to talking to you soon to catch up! i'm assuming you survived the drive since you are already moved in!