Definition of Turburlence: great commotion or agitation
I had a moment the other day when I was talking with my mom about MC (daughter); we discussed how much she resembled her father. Yes, you may detect a bit of resentment there….I carried her for 9 months, gained an unmentionable amount of weight, endured 16 hours of labor and the only thing that seems to resemble me is her chin! And let me tell you, no one looks at that child and says, “Wow, she has your chin, what a cutie!” Anyway, back to my original thought. As we talked about MC and her father, it was like I suddenly remembered, I have a husband, I’m a married woman, Yes! I truly felt excitement at this moment.
I had the opportunity to see my DH (dear husband) this weekend and it was amazing! My flight got in a little late and of course I got lost driving my awesome Kia Rondo, so hubby arrived at the hotel before me. As I made my way to our room I had that nervous butterfly feeling in my stomach. I love that he still stirs up those giddy, school-girl emotions. He opened the door and the second I laid eyes on him I felt complete again. I was with my better half and we had the next 30 hours to tell stories, hold hands, and once again, kiss each other goodnight. The only thing missing was MC, but it was much too short of a trip to bring her. DH was able to watch a few video clips of the babe and was amazed at her development. I told him about her sassy, little attitude and he swears that comes from me. The weekend was perfect and I am reminded of how strong our commitment is to one another.
You can do a lot of people watching at airports and that is exactly what I did on my way out to DC. I seemed to zero in on all of the annoying people and it left me frustrated. Then something wonderful happened to me on my flight home from DC to Chicago. I sat next to an older gentleman, he smiled when I sat down and that was about it. However, when beverages were being served he would only use his right arm to take items from the flight attendant; I watched a little longer to make sure my observation was correct. After watching him spill most of his coffee onto the tray I offered to help open the small package of peanuts. He was thankful and began to tell me about the stroke he had almost a year ago. Later the pesky flight attendant asked him several times if the items sticking out from the seat in front of him were trash. I felt like snapping back with, “No lady, the items are not trash, they are a package of Kleenex’s this man is using and he placed them there because he has limited mobility of his left arm.” The lady was just doing her job and it actually reminds me of how I rush through my days not really slowing down to pay attention to the things that matter most. I am thankful for sitting next to that man; he reminded me that nothing in life is guaranteed and a little bit of kindness can go a long way. I need to slow down and breathe in all that is happening around me, especially MC growing up.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am so glad you got to see your DH and had a great visit! People watching is one of my favorites but also leaves me bitter/frustrated too...
MC has a beautiful chin...
Ha, thanks for the chin comment Jac:)
I think your baby looks a lot like you! You are both so good looking I am sure she will have both of your best traits.
How wonderful that you were able to see your hubby. They always say that absense makes the heart grow fonder.
Thinking of him being away from MC breaks my heart a bit. Hang in there. Hugs.
what a great weekend you had, it sounds like! and i agree with jac, MC has a beautiful chin! i actually can see you in her as well as nathan. i remember that feeling though, that's what everyone always said about alex, how she was/is so cute and looks just like her daddy....i dunno. some days i do see myself in her whether it's a look or a giggle or something like that...so the moments of glory DO come! miss you guys!
I'm so glad you had such a great time in Virgina. You are such a great writer; I thought I may tear up when I was reading how you felt before seeing DH for the first time since he left. You two are such an awesome couple :)
Pics of MC are great! What a cutie! I'm such a proud aunt. Miss you! Talk to you soon!
MC is adorable! And she just look like you a little bit, it's just that her dominant features are more like your DH. I'm sure as she gets older she will look more and more like you. And if she has your personality right now, then what more can you ask for?
SO glad you were able to go out for a visit, I'm sure it was a much needed break for you both and hopefully the memories will help you get through to the next one. I can totally imagine how you must have been feeling walking to the hotel room, thanks for sharing all of the details, you're a great story teller.
Did you get to talk to him yesterday? How did his test go? I think it was Friday, he mentioned it in his last letter and I cannot even imagine what they ended up going through.
Post a Comment