Sunday, November 15, 2009

Walking Feet

Our daughter is a lot of fun, but she also needs A LOT of boundaries. Strollers/shopping carts are her worst nightmare. She is starting to wise up and say things like, "Mama, I walking feet." It's cute, right? It was so cute this weekend that in a moment of weakness I let her out of the stroller in Old Navy. Gasp! What was I thinking? (To my defense, it was near the end of our shopping trip and I needed her to try on a coat.) She was free to walk around with her dad or sit next to the creepy dogs placed around the store, all I needed was for her to try on a coat. Sadly, it didn't go down that smoothly. She screamed, she cried, she tried falling to the floor anytime I got near her with the coat. People probably thought we were torturing her. What felt like hours later, we got the coat on, made our purchase and left. While I would like to be angry with her, she was true to her words and maintained walking feet the entire time.

Here I am at 17 weeks.
All of my doctor appointments have been good. The heartbeat has been 165 and 150. At first I was thinking it was a girl, but I now have a strong feeling it is a boy. We have an ultrasound on the 23rd, so I guess we'll find out then.

7 comments:

Jillian said...

Yeah, a picture! You look great, and so cute. I love it. I wish we were closer and could compare are bumps every day! :)

I have a feeling it's a boy too, but maybe because that is what I am having?? A mere 8 hours ago I thought everyone would have girls! Can't wait to hear on Monday. Baby Boy Avey's heartrate has been consistently at 155, maybe you are having a boy...

Glad you at least were able to buy the coat :)

mjellen said...

Kelly you look so beautiful. Your picture brought tears of joy. Love the walking feet story--Mackenzie is one very determined little girl. Love you all!

ToniJean said...

Ahh! I had no idea! We really need to get together, now more than ever! Congrats! I am so excited for you and Nathan! Give me a call when you have a chance, I have a million questions!

RangersGirl said...

Congratulations! You look fabulous. Skinnier than me and I'm not pregnant.

I love how little kids want to walk when they could be pushed around in the stroller....oh, as an adult I have so wished for someone to push me the last hour or so in one. She has no idea what she's giving up.

Melissa Jo said...

that story is hillarious! unfortunately I feel your pain! Alex was the exact same way! ha! but they are so cute!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. Can't wait to see you at Christmas.

Marla said...

You look beautiful as always. I am so excited you have another on the way!