I remember when I first got this job after becoming an officer, I wasn't really feeling the whole air traffic control thing, I mean it just didn't seem to be the roughneck bit I had envisioned...but I had forgot one major factor...we Marines do everything a little bit different. Too my surprise I was wrong and I have included some pics and a few short videos of some of the stuff we are doing out here.
Lastly, I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers especially those for the military family members who carry on in our absence.

This picture is of our class, two of these cats were talking to the C-130 in the background 7 seconds before the picture was taken giving him clearance to land at the expeditionary airflield we set up.
This picture is of our class, two of these cats were talking to the C-130 in the background 7 seconds before the picture was taken giving him clearance to land at the expeditionary airflield we set up.
An AH-1 Cobra attack helo landing to get some fuel at forward postition we had established.
A couple of Devil Dogs getting dusted by a CH-53 while performing ops.
Flyover of UH-1 Huey
Nothing crazy, just a little look at what's been going on. I'm out until next time...
6 comments:
Thanks for sharing Nathan, it's good to hear from you and so interesting to see what you're doing out there. You must be cleaning dust out of your ears 20 times a day!
Glad you're enjoying what you're doing...and that you get to come home soon!
Looks like a lot of sand...
I just found out my little cousin Johnny is being deployed to Afganistan at the end of this month. He's in the marines too! He told my entire family he's a mechanic or something and won't be actually fighting but I did some detective work in the form of a google search and found out his rank is 4th LAR A CO. Little Johnny!
Jill, you have no idea about the sand, deserts and helos do not mix.
Jenny, LAR units have lots of mechanics...they fix and maintain the Light Armored Vehicles (LAV) if they go down? Marines in 4th LAR, A Co ride in LAV's which your cousin may (or may not) keep up and running. They usually travel with them as well, no matter what your job in the Marines there is a good chance your going to do some bad things to some bad people. Wish him luck for me and tell him I said "Semper Fi"
Such a nice post from you. I like sand but I would want the water/ocean to go with it.
Hang in there--you will be home soon with your family. Safe travels!
So glad to see a post from you and that you will be home with girls soon!
Safe travels.
jac
I love that you share this Nathan. Chris was in the Marines for 5 years and now is a commander in the Army. I am learning so much. I will be looking forward to hearing you being back with your girls
Post a Comment